If you are a Hornsey & Wood Green resident, Catherine may be able to help with a problem you are having. However, Catherine is unable to help personally with disputes between individuals and private companies, ongoing legal cases and overturning decisions made by the courts.

Advice surgeries

Please note that due to the current Covid-19 situation, Catherine’s regular advice surgeries on the second and fourth Friday of each month are taking place by phone.  To arrange an appointment, please contact her office.  Alternatively, you can email Catherine directly with details of your problem as well as your full address in the constituency.


If you have a housing related issue, please contact Haringey Council, your housing association or one of your local Councillors first.

Your Councillors have been directly elected to represent people in your area to Haringey Council. If you are unsure who your local Councillors are, please visit the Haringey websiteand enter your postcode. Follow the link, which will give you details of your Councillors and their own surgeries.

If you have exhausted the Council’s complaints procedure you may wish to consider contacting the Housing Ombudsman.

If you have pursued your case with your local Councillor but are still unhappy, you can contact Catherine via email.


If you have an problem that concerns immigration, Catherine may be able to help.  She is not able to help with form filling or legal representation, but can make appeal representations.

Catherine can make enquiries about the progress of applications with UK Visas and Immigration, but can only do so in instances where a decision has not been made within the standard timescale stated by the Home Office for their turnaround of applications.

Other organisations that may be able to help are:


If you have an issue regarding benefit payments, you should contact Citizens Advice Bureau before getting in touch with Catherine.

If you have an issue regarding housing benefit or council tax your local Councillors should be able to assist. If you are unsure who your local Councillors are, please visit the Haringey website and enter your postcode.

If you are unsure of what benefits you are entitled to, the Citizens Advice Bureau will be able to offer full advice on your entitlements.

Registering to vote

If you are not registered to vote in Hornsey & Wood Green but you live in the constituency, you can do so by visiting: http://voting.haringey.gov.uk/register-to-vote/

Link to Instagram Link to Twitter Link to YouTube Link to Facebook Link to LinkedIn Link to Snapchat Close Fax Website Location Phone Email Calendar Building Search